One of the region's traditional sweets, shared by our grandmothers: Quince...
One of the region's traditional sweets, shared by our grandmothers: Quince & Apple Jam Balls, or "Vitamin Jam" as they like to call it 🍏 🍋 An exquisite treat for the cold winter season. Want to try out? Check out the recipe below 👇
- 1 kg peeled and grated quinces
- 2 kg peeled and grated apples
- 2.5 kg sugar (or organic cane sugar, organic coconut sugar, grape molasses or honey for a wholesome alternative)
- Half cup of water
- 500 g chopped walnuts (or mix with some pine nuts for a delicious nutty twist)
- A squeeze of lemon
- A pinch of mistika
- Place the quince, apple, sugar and water in a saucepan, and cook on low heat for about 1 hour and 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When the syrup starts to thicken and is almost at the jellying point, add the chopped walnuts (and pine nuts if you're using some), lemon juice and mistika.
- Keep heating the mix for 10 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent it from sticking and burning.
- Turn the heat off and let the mixture cool. Then roll it into little balls, which you can also cover with organic cane sugar.
by j.grove.lebanon / Instagram