Many professional or amateur photographers shoot photos on a DSLR camera and edit them on their computer using Photoshop or different editing programs before uploading to Instagram.
That means we always had to transfer the photos to our phones before uploading, I personally used WhatsApp to send those photos to my wife and then once they get saved to my phone I re-post them to Instagram. Of course this is not very convenient and time consuming.
Today, I will show you 5 methods that can help you post photos from your computer directly to your Instagram account.
Method 1 Using Chrome:
Since chrome is the most famous browser this is most convenient of all methods.
So to post to your Instagram using chrome, follow the below steps:
- In Chrome, go to Instagram.com and sign in.
- Press F12, the page should switch to developer view (Don't worry there won't be any development involved)
- While in development mode, a new window will open. Don't worry about the extra codes that appear on the left, we will not using those
- Now we have to switch to mobile view by pressing "Ctrl + Shift + M"
You will notice that the view have changed and now the camera icon appear at the bottom of the page
- Click on the Camera Icon
- Select the photo from your computer
- Resize or Crop the photo as needed (Note that Instagram filters are not available here)
- Click Next to Post
That's it you just posted your first photo on Instagram from your Chrome.
Method 2 Using Safari on Mac:
- Open Safari
- Go to Safari > Preferences > Advanced. Check the box at the very bottom that says, "Show Develop menu in menu bar."
- Open a private browsing window.
- Go to Develop > User Agent > Safari -- iOS 10 -- iPhone.
- Go to Instagram.com, sign in
- Click the camera button at the bottom of the screen to upload a photo from your desktop.
Method 3 Using Gramblr:
Gramblr is a desktop application that allows you to upload pictures or videos on Instagram. It features a similar upload wizard - so that you don't need a smartphone!
Gramblr also have some features that would allow you to exchange likes and schedule posts in the future, etc...
- Go to the Gramblr website. (www.gramblr.com)
- Click the download icon, Windows or Mac will work
- Open Gramblr. Create a Gramblr account and enter your Instagram username and password.
You might be worried that they might steal your password, but after reading many reviews online, I found that people think that gramblr is safe
- Click on Upload Now (You might want to click on "Schedule" if you want to post something in the future)
- Click on "Save" to continue
- Click on Apply Some Filters if you like to add some filter
- Add a caption and tag users
- Click on Send
Method 4 Using InstaPic:
From your Windows 8 or 10 PC, go to windows Store and download an app called "InstaPic"
InstaPic is a fully featured Free Instagram Client for Windows devices.
When you open InstaPic, you will find that the usage is very similar to the way you use Instagram on your mobile.
Although InstaPic is free to use but it contains Advertisements to support the development.
Method 5 Using DropBox:
Dropbox is a cloud storage service that allows you to quickly share files between devices. You'll still need to use your Android or iPhone devices with this method, but it is a quick and easy way to get multiple photos from your computer onto Instagram without having to sync your device to your computer.
- A free Dropbox account will give you 2 GB of storage, which should be sufficient for transferring images.
- Download DropBox on your PC or MAC
- Once your download DropBox, set it to sync with a specific folder where you store your edited photos.
- Download DropBox on your phone
- Go to Instagram and select new photos from that specific DropBox folder
That's it we've talked about 5 important methods that you can use to upload pictures on Instagram using your PC.
If you find this post useful please share it and if you have any other methods, please share it with us using the comments box below.